Identifying a bottle

This will be the 1st of many posts I make asking for help with the history of my bottles. I am so lucky to have an area in my woods that was once used as a dumping ground. This particular bottle is one of my favorite finds thus far and I'm very curious as to what it may have held in it (I'm guessing cold cream) lol
Anyways it has a very thin seam that runs from bottom to top. It is textured with a bumpy diamond like look and feel. The top we guess is sterling silver, pewter, or maybe even aluminum. On the top is the letter H with leaf like looking pattern around it and both pattern and h are raised. There is a number 7 with a circle around it on the bottom. I'm not so much interested in the worth (although it wouldn't hurt to tell me if it had worth) I consider these old bottles a treasure and history of the previous owners who have lived here since the 60s. Any help would be awesome
Thank you in advance!! I'm excited to have found a place to share and appreciate the hobby I love so much!!

Comments

• Hello and welcome

Yes, this is presumably a cold cream or cosmetic jar - one of the fancier ones that I have seen. It is earl 20th century, and I am thinking the "H" could signify the brand.
    It could possibly be stand for Richard Hudnut who produced cosmetics and perfumes at that time

Do share some photos of other items when you get a chance.

Chris
  • Thank you so much for the info and I most certainly will share more, of what I consider my treasures from the woods! Bottle collecting is a new hobbie of mine and I'm amazed by the many unique shapes and sizes of them! Your response has only encouraged me to continue to dig and share!! Yay ;)