Seeking Information - Odd Frosted Quart Liquor Bottle - Dog, Dancer, Birds

I acquired this odd bottle at an estate sale. I am trying to find out WHO made it and WHAT BRAND of Liquor this once held. The bottle is basically frosted glass with some clear areas. It measures approximately 4 3/4" x 3" and sits a tad under 9 1/4" high. One side features a dancing lady, 3 birds(geese or seagulls) and a dog. It reads, "One Quart" at the bottom. There are round clear dots throughout the bottle, especially on the sides where there are faceted areas. The neck has a raised "rope looking" design, along with clear dots under it. The neck opening measures just under 1". I believe this once had a screw-top. There is a faint seam on the sides. The opposing side features a large dog in a somewhat igloo-shaped window. Just above what looks like a door, it reads, "Federal Law Forbids Sale or Re-Use of this Bottle." There is also a raised number "7" at the bottom center. The base(underside) of the bottle is marked as follows in raised numbers and letters..." D 126, 70, (the letter "A" in a circle), 4, Made In U.S.A., PAT'D. 95464. As you can see on the one side, someone cut a slit in the bottle, perhaps trying to make it into a coin bank? Obviously a very interesting bottle and that is why I am looking for answers.

Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Thanks for posting.

First off, this is a mid-20th century bottle that once held whiskey or other hard liquor. At a much later date, as in relatively recently, someone acid etched or sand blasted the exterior.

I have traced the D-126 marking back to three different brands: Seagrams, Calvert and Wolfschmidt. The distiller # is common to a company which produced these brands.

You can do a bit more research and look for a labeled example or perhaps vintage advertising - I dig around on eBay listings looking for similarly shaped bottles. Also interesting would be to research the patent...
  • Thank you for the information Chris!!