Medicine & coffee bottles 1800’s

We found these bottles in my grandparents back yard in Wexford in Ireland while digging for them years ago in the 1990’s. Their house sits on the site where the old dispensary was. I’m sure there must be more there too but these are all we found. Two small round medicine bottles (one green glass, one clear) with corks still in them and another square angled bottle with “Cork” written on one side, “Essence Coffee & Chicory” on another side & “Newsom & Sons ltd.” on another side. I wonder would anybody be interested in them these days? Niamh in Wexford, Ireland

Comments

• The two vials are indeed medicine - the left one is 19th century and is often called an opium vial, although it is probably more accurate to say it held a narcotic-based medicine of some sort. The right bottle is machine made and 20th century. There is some minor value in the left example...

The coffee extract bottle appears to be machine made so is 20th century. I am not up on value of English / Irish bottles but you should be able to research this based on its embossing..
  • Thanks a lot Chris for your helpful replies. Really appreciate you taking the time to look