Could this medicine bottle found on the beach be from 1938?

Hi All- Can anyone help me to confirm or advise on where I could find more information to figure out what this bottle is? I live in Corolla, NC and found this (pictured below) while walking on the beach. A number of glass sites have lead me to believe it's Owens-Illinois glass from possibly 1938 or 1948...? It still has some brown liquid inside but looks as though it spent a number of years tumbling in the ocean so I can't make out what the lid says. Any insight would be great!

Comments

• It could be.

The Toulouse book states that the mark seen on this bottle was used through the mid 1950s. I suspect you found the article by Bill Lindsey and others - they have assembled probably the most known info on this company so not sure you will be able to get further than what you have already found.

Sure looks like an ampule to me (medicine is drawn via syringe through rubber seal on top)

One would think the metal would have corroded by now if this had been in the ocean for any length of time. I would guess the recent flooding in NC set this bottle on new travels into the Atlantic.
  • Thank you, so much Chris! It was the Bill Lindsey article that I read. You're right though, it does seem strange that the metal isn't corroded more-- so, the flooding theory would make even more sense. I appreciate the insight. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.