White Eagle Medicine Co. Indian Senna Tone Oil

Hi, I have this bottle from Piqua Ohio and is labeled as Indian Senna Tone. I have tried to do some research but I have only been able to find 1 bottle that was very close to it. The only difference is that the one I found online was filled with Rattlesnake Oil. I’ll post the link to the other bottle here http://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/2009/11/snake-oil-is-no-balm-for-america.html The other bottle is at the Smithsonian and there is no value posted for me to look up. Thanks for checking this out. I cant upload the photos because each photo is to big for the website. I would be happy to email this to you if needed.

Comments

• Does anybody have an idea?
  • There are thousands of such medicine bottles, many documented but a lot relatively unknown... It's unlikely you will stumble on a precise value even if one came up to auction since the condition might be rather different.

Instead, look at similar examples with an eye toward similar condition, do the bottles have embossing (better if they do), color of the glass, approximate age, screw top or cork top, machine made or earlier, etc.

The picture on the box helps this one - I would call it above average. Still would need to know color, screw top, etc? to give a ballpark value.