Do any of these bottles look like they should be appraised?

edited October 2014 in Question and Answer
My uncle has been collecting bottles for 77 years(he is in his 80's now).Me,my mom,and siblings have joined in on the fun.We have never had anything appraised.I haven't taken pics of all the bottles and jugs,pottery etc...just some.Do you think we should have the collection appraised?It would be for insurance reasons.Just wondering if it would be worth it.

Comments

• Hi Rocki and welcome.

I see a lot of attractive decorative glass which may not have huge collector value but of course one must consider the true replacement cost when insuring as well as the cost of insurance. Be sure to check with your agent to be sure that specialty items like this are specifically included in the policy (they often are not)

Anyone who has collected over a long period of time undoubtedly has at least a few "sleepers" in the lot. I would suggest putting together more photos which comprehensively and clearly show all items.
  • Thank you for your input.We have thousands of bottles(no joke).So we shall begin the categorizing of the collection,and speak with our agent.