Need Help with a Vase (CUNJING)

I have this vase, I have NO idea where I acquired it or when....there is a certificate in the box saying its authentic Cunjing Glass...I cant find anything on the internet about it...attached are 2 pics....is it worth anything? there is a TINY chip on the tip of the top....I will add more pics if needed

Comments

• So its been almost a WEEK and nobody has replied...
  • Hi movieguy, its possible nobody replied due to the lack information out there on Cunjing glass. I did some simple googlin and came up with some possibilities.

Found an Ebay auction with a plate with similar features/color. Prob a tourist item from the 1940's. The description is similar and refers to a silk lined box it came in. I have attached the photo.

Jeff
  • Nice find, Jeff....

I have been on vacation, but yes, you are right - I would not have much to say here either, except perhaps that I feel this is much newer than you suggest.

One can hope to gain solid knowledge of all 19th century glass in a lifetime but when you add the 20th century in as well, it is a far greater challenge.
  • Yeah its strange there is NOTHING on the internet about Cunjing glass...and the box this is in is silk lined as pictured the label on the box is old but im shocked at the lack of info on it...its gorgeous etched glass
  • I have been looking, too. I have a very similar vase with the same certificate and box. I think it's going in my yard sale this weekend.