Chestnut Flask?

I bought three of these in 1989(one got broke years ago). I purchased them at a genuine estate sale at a very old home place in North GA with many other antiques. I have researched the best I can and I just don't see any chestnut flasks this color.
The tallest one is 8.75 inches and the shorter is 8 inches. The tallest is 4.5 inches wide and the other is 4 inches . Both are approc 2.5 inches deep, but are very irregular in shape. Each bottle seems to have 1 indention on one side and two on the other side.
The pontil marks are very jagged. The smaller bottle has a much smaller mark. Neither bottle has ever been cleaned so you can see some dirt (or whatever it is) in the photos inside of the bottles. There are sooooo many air bubbles in each one. I did read about checking to see if there any busted air bubbles on the surface. I did find one , not all the way through, just an indention, what does that mean anyway? Someone please educate me. No chips or cracks. I see the flasks like this for 100 to 800.00
But not brown, so what do I have?
Oh, the tops are definitely applied, but I read "stringing" I think, when the glass is wrapped around. Don't know if it shows in the pictures.
THANKS!
sorry about the photos, I could not get them to post upright :(

Comments

• The bottles are definitely chestnut by shape, that is a round glob with flattened sides.

Otherwise the question is, how old? I will hold out a little hope for a contrary opinion seeing as the photos are not entirely clear, but my gut reaction is that these are contemporary (ie. later 20th century) Mexican glass. Such glass is intentionally old looking - the concentration of bubbles, the heavy uneven lips and the thickness of the glass are typical.
  • It sure looks like they are modern pieces but why is one pontilled and one not? Or am I seeing things? If they are both free blown they would both be pontilled, but, the one on the left appears to be smooth base where the one on the right has a pontil. It most certainly is not american and they were never meant to be a set in my opinion.