Dr Fisch's Bitters Blue Bottle

Hi! Im new here :) ive been searching the web for hours for info on this bottle and cant find much. Can anyone tell me the value? We got it out of my late mother in laws estate. Thanks!

Its reads: front: Dr Fischs Bitters H W71
back: childrens delight
bottom: wheaton nj 86, 1

Comments

• I have actually found other wheaton bottles in her bottle stash too! any info is appreciated. :)

pocahontas, tree of life, ball and claw bitters, and unmarked. all dark blue glass.
  • These are Wheaton Glass (Millville NJ) bottles from the 1960s-80s era. I would not call them reproductions since they are not copies of earlier bottles but rather based on similar traits.

Wheaton produced many fanciful "re-creations" in brilliant blue, green and ruby red (and probably other colors) Many but not all are marked Wheaton or Nuline on the base.

They do have some small collectible value - search for "wheaton bottle" on ebay.comimage
  • Thank you for the info. I have found several of them on ebay. The top one, the fischs bitters is the one in particular that i cannot find another one of, so im wondering if its rare/collectible...
  • All of these were mass produced - I would think they all fall in the $5-10 range value wise.

There is, however, growing interest in 20th century glass, but mainly for the scarcer and hand crafted items rather than the mass manufactured...