Need help with identification, please

I know very little about antique glass but found these items recently and was hoping for some help on identification and a value range.
The larger decanter has a handle missing. I am not sure if this completely ruins it's value but the engraving is very nice and elaborate and rest of it is in good shape. It is about 8 1-2" tall and is decorated with engraved birds with nests with 4 eggs and grape clusters; also some gilding is still present. The mouth is about 1 3/8" in diameter. It is about 5" across at the widest part. There is the number "15" engraved on the bottom. The ground stopper is also broken on it's top and I don't believe it actually goes with this decanter.
The smaller decanter is fairly heavy and has an appropriate looking ground solid stopper. It has a slight "pink" cast to it in sunlight. It is 4 1/4" tall (with the stopper - 6 1/8") and 3 3/4 " wide at its widest part. It has 4 mold seams and I think a finished pontil mark. The mouth has also been shaped and finished.
The third is maybe a covered candy dish? 9 1/2" tall, the foot is 4" across and it is 6 3/4" at it's widest. Mold seams are present, but some areas have been smoothed and finished with no seam line is seen in those areas. There is a gold color on the bowl surface that also has been engraved.
Sorry for not knowing the right nomenclature. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

Comments

• Hi and welcome

Interesting pieces for sure - the first is a fine early European decanter. I have seen similar examples. Could be Scandanavian or elsewhere in Europe and is an earlier 19th century piece, possibly even later 18th century. The applied rigaree bands and wheel engraving make this quite a fancy presentation piece. The missing handle does hurt the value but not entirely.

Your second small decanter(?) has either molded or cut hobnail pattern. I cannot quite tell from the photos. Cut glass would be much more precise than a molded pattern. Looking further at the photo of the base makes me think this is molded and is early 20th century.

I will hold off further comment for now - perhaps BobB can step in with some further info.

Chris
  • This is very helpful. The small decanter/bottles doesn't look cut to me either, but molded.
    Thank you, Chris