Clear bottle with a "mother of pearl" tint?

edited December 2010 in Question and Answer
Hello everyone. While diving I saw this bottle reflecting quit brightly off in the distance. When I got it to the surface I noticed it had an interesting mother of pearl color. The bottle itself is about 6" high, 3" wide and about an inch deep. It has the Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this bottle imprinted on the neck and 13 on the very bottom, I'm guessing thats the volume. There is also a stamping on the bottom but all I can make out is a D9 or B9 and below that 56-42 with writing along the right edge. The bottle has a seam from the molding process so I realize its not to old.

Thanks for any insight you might be able to provide.

Comments

• Hi

Thanks for posting your bottle photos. I have covered "Federal Law Forbids" bottle embossing in some detail - follow the link to find info on dating your bottle based on this.

This is a spirits bottle of some sort - whiskey, wine or otherwise. It has a classic Owens bottle ring on the base. The numbers refer to mold and other production details. Not sure who the manufacturer is based on the info you provided.