Any ideas? Roosevelt Glass Bust

edited December 2010 in Question and Answer
I have this really neat glass piece. I think it is a bottle top of some sort, but know nothing else about it other than it was my grandmother's. It says Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the front and the sticker on back says Owens Illinois...I can't make it all out. How do I find out more about this item?

Comments

• Would love to know more about this piece...anyone seen it before?
  • What makes you think it is a bottle top? Could this not be a paperweight or some type of promotional item?
  • What does the embossing on the front say....looks like there is more than just Roosevelt's name?
  • I just thought it might be a bottle top...the inside is hollow and my mom said she remembered these being on the top of liquor bottles back when she was a kid. I'm just not sure. It just says Franklin Delano Roosevelt on the front. I think it could definitely be a promotional item, but no idea how to find out. Thanks for your comments historic...do you have any other thoughts on what it could be?
  • I believe this is a commemorative bust - you can see dozens of variants listed in this archive. I did not take the time to find the exact match. See

Illinois Digital Archive

http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm4/browse.php?CISOROOT=/roosevu&CISOSTART=1,81