Chivas Brothers Bottle - Royal Doulton

edited August 2012 in Question and Answer
I found this bottle this weekend digging through an old building that an antique store owner had. Fortunately he gave me full unrestricted access to the place. I see bottles on ebay like this one, but they are made by Spode in England. The only ones like this one are absurdly priced, at $250 and $350. Wondering what it's worth and willing to sell for the right price!

If this double posts I apologize, for some reason it was saying I wasn't authorized to post.

Comments

• I guess the Spode mold is scarce, and perhaps some are actually paying that amount...but as you are probably aware, ebay is full of items that never sell that are offered at unrealistic prices.

The key to your bottle is "Royal Doulton" - I found one example by searching ebay completed sales (search term "Chivas Royal Doulton") The bottle brought $9. Several are currently offered for sale in the $20-40 range.

hth
  • That was a good catch on the Royal Doulton. Yea I know ebay is very full of unrealistic things, I myself have to tell many people that asking price and sold for price are very different numbers. I looked it up that way and saw the one that sold for $9. It's a cool bottle to display anyway right!