Pretty and old little bottle, does anyone know what this is??

edited August 2012 in Question and Answer
I think this was given to me by my Grandmother but I'm not certain, it was some time ago and I cannot remember any of the details given with it. If anyone could give me information on this unique little bottle, I'd greatly appreciate it!! I took the lid off for the photos to try and show the seam, which I can see goes up the entire neck but I don't think through the lip?? I'm not sure if that helps determine how old it might be. On the bottom there is a number 4, and a circled heart symbol I think but Its difficult to see, and then a number 1 I believe. Thanks!

Comments

• Well its a perfume bottle is the detailing in silver?
  • Perfume bottle, great! Thank you! I think it is silver? I'm not sure how to tell. What would be your guess for how old it is??
  • The oxidation on the metal does not look like silver to me. If it is Sterling, then there will be a stamped hallmark somewhere.
  • I don't see a stamp anywhere on the metal...the only marking I can see is on the bottom of the glass. Any idea what the 4, heart symbol, then 1 means??
  • I cannot make out the heart mark on the base. If you can make a rubbing of it or draw it on paper and take a picture of your rubbing/drawing, I can try and identify the maker.