2 bottles I found in SC

edited July 2012 in Question and Answer
I have found 2 bottles in a newly dug ditch...was wondering if anyone could tell me something about them. Brown one says half pint..federal law forbids sale or resale of this bottle...marked on bottom is patent #95464 ...made in USA D-126 12 A in a circle 49...the other is about 2 inches long slender kinda octagon shaped and is cobalt blue..looks like a perfume bottle...nothing on the bottle...but very pretty and one more that I forgot about..I don't have a picture yet but years ago I found a bottle that kinda looks like an old ketchup bottle that has general Washington on one side and an eagle on the other side...any ideas. Thanks so much for any info
128.JPG 37.6K

Comments

• Here is a link to the 1935 design patent application for the amber whiskey (or other liquor) bottle made by Whitall Tatum Company.

I would agree the other is a perfume bottle... of the same era.

Post a photo of your third bottle
  • I have a ketchup bottle that sounds like the one you described. It's a Hunt Ketchup Spirit of "76" Ketchup bottle. Measures 11 1/4" tall and 3 1/2: at the base, tapering up to 1 1/4" at the neck. General Washington embossed on one side and an eagle on the other.