glass corn cob looking bottle

edited November 2011 in Question and Answer
iv looked online for what this is and i cant find anything..any help would be lovely. only thing i can make out on the bottle is "William Finard & Co" and as you can see its No. 15. if i remember correctly its an old corn whiskey bottle

Comments

• No, I believe this is a cruet bottle for oil or vinegar - one of a pair. I have owned one similar in clear glass.
  • hmm..ill have to look more into what this bottle actually is..iv never seen one anywhere..cant even find them online
  • About 1889 the Libby & Sons glassworks (Toledo) made a short series of tablewares that collectors call the MAIZE pattern, -- quite similar but NOT what you have!! Maize comes in opaque white,"custard" & painted/stained/irridescent. The oil cruet is pictured in Bill Heacock's "Victorian Coloed Pattern Glass,Book 6" where it can be seen to have much more corn (& less green leaves) while having a hand-applied handle (where yours is molded with the body). The emerald green color came into vogue with the Americn table glass industry at the year 1900 ("Dewey"blue had been the color-of-the-year 1898/99), though dark greens may have been prevalent in the bottle-making industry through other ranges of years. As advertising ware about the region of "William Finard & Co" might give it more value than as collectible colored glassware. -BobB
  • if i was to sell this..what could i expect?? $200-$300??