New Foundland Dog Milk Glass

edited October 2011 in Question and Answer
I looked all over the internet and cannot find which company produced this piece or the year of production. If you can help me I would appreciate any information I can get. If you can tell me the approximate value that would be awesome.
I really need help with the Mckee Canary piece!!!

Thank You
Jeff

Comments

• McCalmley Belknap (1949) "Milk Glass" pictures this as plate 13f on page 17 amongst 23 pages of glass plates, most being open-edged or 'cut-work' as yours. Belknap names it "Woof Woof Plate", 5-1/2", (in) blue and white (meaning turquoise opaque opal & white opal -- 'milk glass' is a 20th century antique collectors' renaming of what the 18870-80's glass factories call opal glass). [But I doubt your canary yellow bird bowl -- most vaseline glass is 20th century wannabe, this bird is not familiar in the pantheon of animal forms familiar to McKee & other glassworks (though McKee does have a Dove and a Pheasant), and the base is equally unfamiliar. You indicate marked McKee - how so? What kind of wear would you expect on the base of a moderately heavy,125 year old bowl -- do you see authentic wear of that degree? -Bob