n e one know about black depression glass?

i have a beautiful black depression glass dinner plate intricate cuts through the rim has n e one seen one or know n e thing about it?

Comments

• This color is collectively known as "black amethyst" glass. I think you find better luck searching the net via this phrase.
  • At first I was going to pass your black plate off as a modern wannabe but I find E. McCamly Belknap in his book, "Milk Glass" [New York: Crown Publishers, 1949], shows at least 3 different variations of this plate, the pattern of which he calls "Gothic", in sizes up to 9" and 9-1/4", made in white, light blue and black by the Canton Glass Works, Canton Ohio -- Belknap's clincher is one which has a picture of William Jennings Bryan. Canton was around from 1883 to at least 1899 -- don't know exactly when Bryan was popular enough to have plates made with his picture, -- but we're not talking "Depression glass". Canton is best known for its opaque colored glassware; some is finely crafted and carefully/crisply pressed while some is not so nice. BobB