Newbie here

We have been bottle hunting for the past two years and we really enjoy it, but my house is starting to collect a lot of old bottles with no meaning. Do you have tips on how to decide if something is worth keeping or not. I have been doing research here and there and it's a lot to take in. Basically we keep it if we think it looks cool. And is there a place on here that I can send pics to determine when my bottles were made and a little history on them?

Comments

• Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think you answered at least one of your questions by saying that you keep what you think looks cool to you. That is as legitimate a reason for collecting as any!

You can easily add photos to your posts. Just below the text area is a blue text link called "Attach a file"
  • I had ask myself the same questions...we have been digging for two weeks or better at our "ole home place" that has been passed down three generations now, and I have been amazed at the things we have seen! I am going to do the same, as I have started loading up pictures....I have researched day and night but would love to know Historics opinion on them as He knows his stuff! Love the page and the Forum and the people that post their pics, I'm on here everyday and love reading the post and looking at pics!
  • I am so sorry Ill work on this again tommorow and have pics together better...lol...new here..but lovin it! The light blue dish says..KIG-INDONESIA, The top row first and third pic goes together i believe...we have so many amber bottles, soda, medicine bottles etc. I foung interesting the amber clorox bottles we had but tonight we found a poision bottle "Real Kill" Kansas City, MO....really old the lip of the bottle looks way older than the ones I saw on ebay...which were not many there....very interesting...I love researching and learning all I can about older times and antiques....any help or advice would be appreciated Mr. Historian and friends here! =-)