Need help identifying clear glass bottle, cork top (pics included)

Found this bottle in my neighbors yard... I live in WArren County,NJ. My house dates back to 1910, my neighbors house is older.

The seams in this bottle go all the way to the mouth of the bottle. Bottle still has the cork in it, there is some liquid in it. Clear with some white particles. I'm just guessing that the particles are from the cork eroding but I could be wrong.

There is no embossing and the only marks on the bottom of the bottle is as follows

5455 4

I took these pics with my phone and will be more than happy to take better ones if needed.

Comments

• This is an earlier 20th century ammonia bottle - this shape could very well have been used for other products but most collectors think ammonia - or possibly laundry bluing

See attached photo from a recent ebay auction.
  • Thanks for the reply! I have another one I dig up in their yard and I have no clue what it was used for. Today I dug up 3 more and after doing research, if I still don't know I'll have to post them.

I didn't think they were too old as they were found on the stop of the heap.