Bottle or insulator ?

edited September 2012 in Question and Answer
HI Chris I was wondering if you can tell me anything about this piece of glass that i dug. It has what appears to be whatlooks like an R on one end. I dont know if it was a bottle or insulator?

Comments

• Hi Mike,

Looks like the base of a round bottom soda. I think of these stout bottles as fairly indestructable, but given enough force...
  • Thanks chris I really appreciate the info. I really wasnt sure what it was. Because of the thickness I thought maybe a insulator but no threads where it was broken off ? Do you know when these were made. I would love to find a whole one. Thick glass nice color and lots of bubbles.
  • edited September 2012
    Browse round bottom bottles on ebayimage - I created this search which targets both round bottom and "torpedo" shaped bottles which are similar. Plain examples are fairly common and can be had for $5-10

These could have been made in any number of glass works both here in the US and in the UK.

Chris
  • PS. I just updated the link so it shows current items starting with the least expensive offerings - you can scroll down and move on to page two and see how prices for scarcer examples make there way up near $1000.