owens bottle

edited August 2010 in Question and Answer
i have a old medicine bottle it has the cc marking and everything it has "3 iii"....... and i foudn out it was made by owens 12 "micheal j. owens " the only problum is i cant firgure out how old it is the bottom got messed up some how and i dont know anything about bottles my uncle did but hes been gone for 7 yrs know so i cant ask him

Comments

• As is the case with many bottles, the manufacturer and the company that actually fills or "uses" the bottle are different.

Generic medicine bottles such as this were sold to pharmacies. The pharmacist would simply add a label with his business info and then hand write information about the contents.

These were most likely manufactured by the millions and are quite common today.
  • Hi, I found 2 Owens bottles, the bigger one says: 3xvi and on the bottom it says Owens and the O is in a little square. The second one is smaller and says 3iii and on the bottom it says 9 o 9 and the o is in a little square. Just below the 9 o 9 it says 69. The bigger one is about 9 in. tall and 3 and a 1/4 wide. The smaller one is about 5 in. tall and 2 wide. Help Please,Thanks!!!
  • bottleCraver99 - these are generic pharmacy bottles from the 20th century 20s/30s/40s probably.