E.G. Booz Auth or Repro ID?

Please see the attached photos. I believe this to be an earlier reproduction, though my father swore it was an original. I can't seem to find reliable indicators online to make a definitive call. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Thanks for posting. You were right in questioning your father's declaration - you have an earlier 20th century replica. Several mold details to be aware of:

• the cut corners of the shingles on the roof extend down two courses
    • on the side, the K in WHISKEY has an lower leg which sticks out further than the upper
    • and, I cannot see this clearly on your roof photo but it appears the S in WHISKEY is not entirely in line with the C in CABIN.

It appears yours has an applied top like the original Whitney examples which collectors tend to prefer. Although not an original, you do have a great original-looking piece.

I never miss a chance to plug Tom Haunton's great book called Tippecanoe and EG Booz Too! which is packed full of history, mold details and a breakdown of all known reproduction molds. Tom sells copies directly and on eBay.

• Will pick up a copy, thanks so much!