Help with Identifying a pink decanter type bottle - Jamestown

edited January 2022 in Question and Answer

HI, I am looking for any information or assistance with this bottle. I have tried reverse image search and vintage glass books at the library.

It has the words "John Rolfe" on one side with a picture of a man and the other side has a rustic cabin with the words "his Jamestown home" . No discerning marks on the bottom of the bottle and each side has a seam (?). The shape is very unusual and I could not find information on it.

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You


  • Thanks for posting such clear pictures.

    You have a modern bottle which I like to call a reinterpretation rather than the more commonly used phrase, reproduction. This is not an exact replica but rather a new bottle made in the tradition of an original 19th century historical flask. The shape is somewhat similar to a few molds found in original "scroll" flasks.

    This may be the product of Clevenger Glass of New Jersey or Wheaton Glass. It may be / have been a product made for sale at a gift shop of a historical museum such as

  • This bottle was made by the Imperial Glass Company of Bellaire Ohio in 1957 or 1958. The president of Imperial was involved in the group that started the modern Jamestown Glass Foundation. These are marked IG in the center of the bottom but it is almost always very faint. Imperial made many items related to Jamestown circa 1957 including several different bottles.

Sign In or Register to comment.