Please help me replace this vintage glass ornament

Hello everyone, this is my first post. Thanks for creating this forum.

A Christmas tragedy struck this morning, we broke one of my grandmother’s old ornaments while decorating the tree. She’s pretty upset and I want to replace this ornament for her for Christmas.

She doesn’t know how old it is, but it’s certainly at least 40 years old (I’m 30 and she got it a long time before me). It’s got real crystals on it and is clearly handmade.

I would love to buy an exact replica, but I’m very happy to have another one commissioned or attempt to make it myself, but I don’t even know where to begin finding this ornament shape. Google searching is fruitless, bringing up only ads for cheap new plastic ornaments.

If anyone can point me in the direction of an ornament maker, or blank bauble seller, it would be much appreciated. Additionally, any information on this piece would be fantastic, as she has a large set of them and I would like to buy more of them.

I’m sure this is the proverbial needle in a haystack (ornament in an unlabeled box?), but I wanted to do what I could to replace it. Thanks again for having this forum and in advance for any help you may have for me.

Happy Holidays,

Samantha

Comments

• Sorry to hear about your broken ornament.

As you suspected, there is likely no easy path to a replacement but I would browse etsy.com for ornaments - there are many talented artisans exhibiting their wares on this site and many do create custom products.

You might also browse ebay.com for vintage ornaments although with no specific description, this is going to be many hours of work to sift through what are undoubtedly thousands of listings.

Good luck.