Here's something for you guys to chew on. (1st Post)

So... this is my first post. When I saw this site I was VERY excited. My grandma has lots of antique things and she doesn't care about half of them... so here's a bunch. I know for a fact that some aren't really old, so be careful. Tell me if you want a closer view of specific ones.

http://imageshack.us/g/204/1000348j.jpg/

Comments

• Also, if you could, see how much the whole lot is worth or certain ones.
  • edited March 2012
    General comments: You have a lot of attractive variety here, but not a lot of value.

There are a number of Wheaton reproduction bottles (row 3, 1-3; row 4, 2 and 5; row 5 1; row 6, 4 and 5; row 6, 1, 3, 5; row 7 1 and 4) which sell for a few dollars each on ebayimage
    , sometimes more. The two smelling salts bottles (row 2, 1) are nice to find with their orig. stoppers and have some value. The peppersauce bottle in row 3, 5 (aqua example on left) is one of your older bottles and, although not rare is quite collectible.

The most valuable bottle might be the middle amber pharmacy in row 4, 4. All three bottles in this photo are collectible 19th century medicine bottles but the middle pharmacy is scarce because these are usually clear. Amber, green and cobalt blue are much scarcer.
  • Oh, i forgot! The pepper sauce bottle in row 2, 2 has some paper in it, but i took it out without looking at it. the paper reads "Pepper Sauce bottle having the label"select green pepper sauce". George C. Queens & Co New York. Comments Very Good Find". Might mean something.
  • The label does add to the value of the bottle for sure - significantly if the label is in good condition.

I do not find an entry for the Queens Company in the bookKetchup, Pickles and Sauces by Betty Zumwalt.