OLD BOTTLE FOUND ON BEACH IN TACT, TRYING TO DATE RANGE IT:)

Hello, so I was at the beach today in revere Massachusetts and I found a washed up bottle. It is in tact, but has obvious sings of ocean wear. I tried my hardest to look up where it’s aged from and what not, but I had no luck.

Anyway, the bottle has plenty of markings on it:
-under the neck it says “RECISTERED”
-in a circle under that it says (from top to bottom) “OAK GROVE BOTT. WKS. 8FL.OZ. REVERE, MASS.”
-on the back on the bottom it has the number “110”

Now for the seams, it’s odd, at least for me as I’ve never seen it. The seam on both sides goes all the way up to the neck and stops. But, it seems to be shifted about a quarter turn of the bottle and starts again, and goes up to the top. Also the top of the bottle seems to have been attached afterwards. Maybe there was three molds, and all attached after?

Now just some other info about it:
-the bottom of the outside is indented towards the top.
-the bottom of the inside is not symmetrical.

-there are a few small bubbles throughout the glass work.
-pretty thick glass.

If you have any other questions I’d be happy to answer. I haven’t really decided what to do with it, keep or sell, but I’d really like to find out when it could be from. Thanks!

Comments

• Also, if you’re able to date it, how much do you think that it’s worth if anything? See if it’s worth selling or keeping. Thanks you in advance for any help.
    -Billy
  • Your soda bottle is earlier 20th century. Thanks to your clear photos, one can see the mold seam going all the way to the top of the lip which indicates it is machine made.

It is in fairly rough condition. It may have some value but with soda bottles like this so much depends on the bottler and there are literally thousands from this era...
  • Thanks. Though it is in pretty rough condition, I’m surprised it is as nice as it is. Who knows how long it actually was in the ocean. I’ll probably just end up keeping it as I have spent hours looking up oak grove bottle works, and the only thing I can find even close to that now is oak grove wine company. Nonetheless, still a pretty cool find washed up on the beach!

Thanks again Chris,

-Billy