Very large clear glass bottle. No markings

I am an avid bottle digger from wa. St. I a few years ago was hiking thru an old logging town called National wa. The town hasn't exsisted since 1920 or earlier. I came across a spot were there was an old tractor tire covered in sticker bushes. I processed to clear the area I got down a couple feet or more and was finding the usual medicine bottles and a few old marbles. I found my greatest most cherished bottle that day and have to this day no idea what it was used for or what age it is. It is Apr. 14 in tall and the diameter is about12 maybe more. The glass has a slight green tint has a large I believe mold mark on the bottom. Seem is slightly think and smooth top is applied. Glass is in great shape. No cracks or breaks. Does have a few bubbles and in spots is slightly curved. There is no marks of any kind. Please help. I have gotten a few very nice bottle. Old toys and marbles from this spot and others in the mountain. Any help is appreciated. In my photo I included an arrival about the town.

Comments

• Hi and welcome - the word is demijohn, or sometimes carboy - which describes these large size bottles.

Yours appears to be a late 19th century example. Not super valuable but definitely a great find - usually large bottles like this did not survive.
  • I know as I was digging it out I thought no way no freaking way everyone else in our group said careful those usually are broke. I didn't have a small digger so I dug and carefully cut around that bottle with a small pocket knife. I never pulled on it for dear is cause suction or strain on the bottle. It's well worth the hole I dug for this beauty