Trying to identify Old Olive Green Bottle

I am from Australia and I found this bottle at a tip in Tasmania many years ago. Its Olive Green and has 2 Seam Marks on either side. Also a separate band around the neck which also has 2 seam marks. 23cm in length and just over 24cm in width. A marking on the bottom which looks like a hook or number 6. Many Bubbles and imperfections inside the glass and marks where it has been pressed I think into a mould! The Bottom of the bottle looks like it has been cut across and ground down to sit flat possibly. Hoping someone may have some thoughts on what is was used for and if its worth anything or just a dust collector on my shelf.

Comments

• Hi and welcome

I believe what I am seeing in the third picture is a mold seam right around the lip collar. This would suggest that the bottle is machine made so is 20th century. Correct me if I am wrong here..

This style of champagne / wine bottle has been in existence since the later 18th century without a whole lot of change in form.

While earlier examples would have some value, later machine made bottles such as this are destined for the recycle bin.

• Thanks Chris, definitely a dust collector then.