Need help identifying potentially antique clear glass Japanese or Chinese liquor bottle

edited December 2014 in Question and Answer
So I really don't know what I have here. It was amongst my family's collected things.... a sort of assorted collection of hoarded items. Some things are trash, some are collectables and antiques. They collect an assortment of items, priced from anywhere between dirt and a couple thousand dollars, so this really could be anything.

It's about 5 and a half inches tall, with 42 tick marks running up the side. I measured it against a soda bottle and roughly estimate the bottle to be about 1 pint, if I did my math right. It has that vertical line along the side that tells me it's a 3-piece mold, I think. There are no markings other than the Kanji/Chinese markings on the side. I did some extensive research on the symbols, as you may be able to tell, and I translated it myself (so the accuracy of the translation is in question), but it seems to be a warning for safely consuming alcoholic content. Roughly translating to: "People... partake safely in the life-threatening liquid, it makes you act wild, so drink intervally and do it at home."

There are literally zero other markings other than the measurement ticks (42 of them). No numbers, brand name, etc. I spent a lot of time trying to get these symbols right so I'm pretty sure they're the right ones, but here are the symbols used both in Japanese (Kanji) and Chinese language:

人參保命水 角 野間屋

The first symbol, the tent, has two tick marks on the side... I think it represents something like an ellipsis or colon, that's the only information I could gather on that.

It's cylindrical all the way, the top tapers off quickly to a small and short mouthpiece. The first picture includes all the likely translations of each of the symbols. Other than that, there's not much else to say. The bottle is at my friend's house, so I can't measure it right now. There was no cap to it, not sure what was there before.

Just trying to gain some insight on this thing. If anything, it gave me a better understanding of the Japanese/Chinese language. In the first picture, I added some filter effects with Photoshop to make the symbols a little easier to see, if that matters. Also, I live on Hawaii, where Japanese merchandise is pretty abundant. I appreciate any insight I can get... I can't find a single thing online, and need a different perspective/professional opinion.

Thank you,
Hawk