Clear Bottle with HS in a circle

I found under an old house floor a bottle with H over the letter S in a circle about 2 inches round. It's about 10 1/8 inches high. Seam goes up to bottom of neck. Rectangular in shape. Will soon post pictures of it. I found some info on it, Twitchell and Schoolcraft NH . Any info would be appreciated until I post pictures. Thanx

Comments

• Careful not to jump to quick conclusions - my hunch is that your bottle is not related to the Keene glassworks.

Post a photo and we would be glad to assist.
  • got some photos of the bottle, hope it makes some sense, bottle needs cleaned if there is any value.
  • Forgot to mention the emblem on front is 1 3/8 inches in diameter and the only markings on the bottle other than the fancy piece under the top. Thanx
  • Hi

I can say based on the shape this is a whiskey bottle - it's either a fifth or a quart. Age-wise figure either very late 19th c. or early 20th c.

As for the HS monogram, that is going to take a bit more work to unravel the mystery.

You might try searching around on this site: http://www.pre-pro.com/ It is an incredible resource of whiskey manufacturers - from the era prior to Prohibition.