Old Aqua bottle with extract lip, lots of bubbles inclusions, seam on both sides, bottom, no mark

Old Aqua bottle with extract lip, lots of bubbles inclusions, seam on both sides, bottom, no mark. I would like to find out how old is the bottle and is it anything special. There is no mark on the bottom but it does have one bubble larger than the others, inside the bottom. I found out that the lip is called elixir lip - am I correct. The bottle measures around 7-1/2" tall, 3-5/8" across the bottom. It widens some towards the top. Was it a wine bottle? The bottom is incaved and thick. I read that too many bubbles are common in the reproductions? Is it the case or is it truly and old bottle? What was it used for? Is it bubbled by accident or made like such on purpose? So many questions.

Thank you in advance for any information.

Bea

Comments

• It appears to me to be a bulk chemical bottle, perhaps for pharmaceuticals. I have one blown in a 3-piece mold and has an open pontil scar (it's not on my shelf currently, and I've not photographed it). I think your bottle is later, say the early 20th century.

• This is a really interesting study piece since at first glance it appears to be an earlier hand blown bottle. However, the mold seam does appear to go up to the top edge of the lip with a horizontal mold seam below the lip. This implies it is machine made but likely an early machine era bottle. Perhaps 19-teens

Nonetheless a very attractive piece given all the bubbles and a very hand blown appearance.

• Here's the analog bottle in my collection which I referenced above. I was wrong about it being blown in a 3-piece mold. It was blown in a hinge-mold, evident from the seam across the base. You can see a ring in the glass high on the shoulder which represents the top edge of the mold. It has a label window at mid-body. This is a well-made bottle, made to endure use. I estimate 1840-50s; likely a pharmaceutical container.