Dr Fisher's bitters cobalt blue value?

I recently got a box full of old cobalt blue glass bottles. In particular, this 5-in tall glass bottle looks like a fish and has Dr. Fische's Bitters written on the side, on the back says Children's Delight, and the bottom says Wheaton, NJ.

Anyone have any thoughts on the value of this bottle? The seam on the side goes all the way up to just below the lip on the bottle. Check out the pictures from more information.

If you have information or would like to buy the bottle. You can reach out to me via my email address. Thanks.

nickgraehl@gmail.com

Comments

• Hi

If you search this forum, you will find lots of posts regarding Wheaton bottles. This is a modern reinterpretation of the original 19th century Dr. Fish's Bitters. Other similar replicas and reinterpretations were created in the early 20th century for marketing cod liver oil.

One has to wonder as to the irony of the "Children's Delight" embossing. Certainly it cannot refer to either cod liver oil (yuck) or the plentiful alcohol found in most period bitters formulations!