1835 Garrett American Wines, Garrett & CO., Virginia Dare Bottle

edited October 2017 in Question and Answer
We recently purchased a home and found this 13” heavy glass bottle, no cap or cork, in a box in the attic... On the front of the bottle it reads; Garrett American Wines, Garrett & Co, Virginia Dare, New York and St.Louis, Established 1835, Registered Trade Mark, Refilling Prohibited... On the back, along the bottom it reads; Contents 1 9/16 Pts... Printing is embossed on glass. It does have a 1/2” chip on mouth of bottle... I did just wash bottle out and tried to dry as best as I could...

Can anyone tell me it’s worth anything and if so, what would that be?

Comments

• Can anyone tell me if this bottle is worth anything and if so, what would that be? 1835 Garrett American Wines, Garrett & CO., Virginia Dare Bottle...
  • Probably not worth much, especially damaged. I collect wine bottles, but I have never been tempted to add an embossed American bottle to my shelf -- they are just not old enough to be of great collector interest. (Now we'll hear from collectors of embossed wine bottles!) :o
  • Thank you, I appreciate you sharing your expertise and helping me with this particular wine bottle. I was just curious on value. You never know.