Italian Bottle? ValuabLe?

edited September 2017 in Question and Answer

i have an italian bottle with a picture of a cathedral on it. it is hand wrapped and has the word cattedrale near the bottom. Is it leather? hide? valuable? what is this bottle?

Comments

• i can send someone a picture through text or whatever. im just really interested in bottles all of the sudden and i cannot find this one for the life of me.
  • There are a LOT of decorative-type bottles like this from the 20th century, and also no small number of decanters used for "fancy packaging" of alcoholic products. No doubt these were marketed to tourists but also just to capture attention on the store shelf.

As I frequently say on this forum, it is a take-what-you-can-get value. There is not a lot of interest.

Look at this search of completed items on ebay for a search on "leather decanter" Note that of the 925 search results, there are only a few which have actually sold. (price shown in green)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles/1/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=leather decanter&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684