HELP IDENTIFY E.D. MEYER AUGUSTA GEORGIA COBALT BLUE SODA BOTTLE HISTORY ON THIS BOTTLE ????

BOUGHT THIS BOTTLE AT GARAGE SALE IN MEMPHIS TN. IT SEEMS THAT I HAVE FOUND A RARE BOTTLE. ANY INFO/HISTORY WOULD BE APPRECIATED. APPROXIMATE VALUE????? E.D. MEYER AUGUSTA GEO (GEORGIA)

Comments

• Condition is of utmost importance to bottle collectors and flaws really do affect the value.

Your photos are quite small so I cannot make out the details but it looks like you have a burst bubble along the base edge and perhaps some other roughness in the body over the embossing.

The blue color of yours is a big plus but this is not a rare soda. It does have some value but not perhaps as much as you are thinking.
  • Thank you for the information. I am not a collector so any information is helpful. I thought it may be rare because of this article in the FHOBC magazine. I figured this was a reputable source.
  • Sorry, my error.

I checked auction results, and apparently looked too quickly. I found listings for an AW Meyer in Savannah whose bottles have only sold in the $100-200 range.

So much hangs on so few letters. The bottle is in rough condition which does hurt its prospects but it may just be that there are a few collectors that have to have one regardless of condition.

Even if rare, I can't imagine someone paying a whole lot for such a rough bottle...unless I am misinterpreting your photos....like I said, they are darn small pictures. Post some larger ones and you may get a different opinion!
  • Have a cousin tht dug one up in downtown Augusta sold it a couple days later for 4,000