Dr. Fisch's Bitters Fish Bottle

I ran across this bottle a couple of weeks ago. I'm pretty sure it's the standard Wheaton fare: on one side just below the eye it says "Doctor Fisch's Bitters" and below the other eye it says "Millville New Jersey". On the bottom, though very faint as through it's been rubbed down over the years, it says "Wheaton" and possibly "NJ" after it - it's hard to make out anything beyond Wheaton.

It does have a label on the front which says, in part, Grandma Wheaton's Re(letter missing)eipts with Tarragon Wine Vinegar just below it.

Anyway, I'm trying to determine the value of this bottle. I've seen blue Wheaton fish bottles selling online anywhere from $5 to $33.

I can't figure out how to add more than one picture, so I'm putting in a link to where they are:

http://picasaweb.google.com/keiti.pierce/WheatonDoctorFischSBittersFishBottle?authkey=Gv1sRgCLTWytjhmZ70lAE&feat=directlink

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Yes, this is a Wheaton product and the fake pontil scar on the base definitely has "Wheaton NJ" embossed next to it - this mark is found on many of their products.

They are collectible as you say and your value is more or less accurate.
  • Thank you. :-)