Husband found an old large green bottle? Any advice would help!

edited June 2013 in Question and Answer
Ok, first off let me say I know nothing about old bottles! But my husband found a old bottle and I really want to know its history! It is a larger dark green bottle, with a long neck. It has a horse shoe/U shape on one side of it. There is also one single letter "F" on bottom. It does have a mold seam running up both sides but it stops at the lip of bottle. Then the lip has its own seam that does not meet with the seam running up bottle. I hope this makes sense. I'm going to try to add photos, we shall see how that goes!

Comments

• Got the pictures up! Yay!
  • So I found out a little bit about the bottle. It looks like a benedictine, but it doesn't have the same markings on the bottom and its missing the actual words benedictine that are on every other bottle I see. I'm so confused any help will do.
  • Hello and welcome

Not sure why it does not have the typical embossing for Benedictine product, but it certainly does appears to be one of their bottles. The B&B liqueur has been made for a very long time - this example appears to be from the earlier part of the 20th century.
    (perhaps 2nd quarter)

Chris
  • And the bottom of the bottle is not domed like all the other examples I've seen. Also the lip doesn't have the indents in it like the bottles I see on the Internet.
  • You might keep searching on ebay looking at Benedictine bottles and hope to come up with a labeled example like this...it is what you need to get further down the "Investigation Highway..."

Chris