Berry Bros & Co bottle

edited November 2010 in Question and Answer
While Scuba Diving Lake St. Clair in Michigan I located a greenish/brown colored bottle with “Berry Bros & Co” “London, England” embossed on the front of the bottle near the bottom. The bottle has the “FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS SALE OR RE-USE OF THIS BOTTLE” embossing on the front of the bottle near the top. There are two full seams along the sides of the bottle from bottom to top and it appears to be a “cork top”. “Made in Great Brittan (12)” is embossed around the bottom and “B B & Co” is embossed in the center of the bottom of the bottle. I attempted to locate the company online but I could only find information on “Berry Bros & Rudd” is this the same company as “Berry Bros & Co”? What type of liquor was in this bottle? And does this bottle have any value? Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Search the forum for FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS since I have answered several questions regarding bottles with this embossing, including a page on the Historic Glasshouse site that specifically addresses this.

I do not know anything about the company - that is a research project.

Value of such 20th century bottle lies in those with orig. contents and/or a great graphical, colorful label. The vast majority such as this one have little or no value.

Chris