2 bottles that need identifying

edited October 2010 in Question and Answer
Hi Thanks for your help! I've been reading the forums and are a little confused on these 2 bottles.

Bottle #1: Found on the coast of NC, appeared to be a "message in a bottle" but no message or cork.
It is 8.5 inches tall and a little under 8 inches around (fat part). See pic but it appears to have the O in a square marking it from the Owens bottle company - no other marks. It is machine made. The lip has be confused as they are 3 rings with the middle being a little fatter than the other 2. It is Aqua in color.

img0082cropsmall.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img0083cropsmall.jpg

img0085small.jpg

Bottle #2 : Absolutely an old whiskey bottle. But what kind came in an ornate cut glass decanter? It is 12 inches tall with the lid and 10 inches without. A little under 12 inches are the fattest part. The lip is wavy, the top has a stopper that is worn away.

Bottom has "Federal Law forbids sale or reuse of this bottle"
middle of bottle has: L-9925 then underneath D-126 then underneath but to the right "4" then under that back in the middle 55 64 then under that circle I. Sorry couldn't get a good pic of it.

img0088cropsmall.jpg

img0095small.jpg

img0096small.jpg

Any collector value to either of these bottles?

Comments

• Not much collector value here, sorry :-(

The first bottle is reminiscent in shape of a Lee and Perrins sauce bottle. My guess is that it contained some similar food sauce.

The second bottle (decanter) is fairly modern - 1950s or 60s - I have a page dedicated to FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS on the Historic Glasshouse web site. You will find a number of links to it here in this forum.

HTH