Age & Approximate value?

edited February 2013 in Question and Answer
I am new to this forum. I have recently took interest in some bottles my wife & I got several years ago. I am curious to their value and age. I am going to attach some pictures. I have done a bit of research and I can not find any information on 4 of the different decanter style bottles I have. At least I think they are decanters not really sure of that either. Any information I can get on these bottle will be greatly appreciated. I will try to get all 4 bottles up so they are in the viewing area. Thanks Folks....I look forward to finding out about these bottles. Details: 1. Large Green; Made In Italy on the bottom. The lip is not completely flat, Vertical Mold Seam in the side of bottle stops below neck and does not continue over the lip, May be added top not sure, It has a seam around the mouth, I do see tool marks just above where vertical seam stops, seems it may be blown into mold and, hand finished top. 2. Beige or brownish in color with cap: No letters or numbers/markings at all on bottle, No seam around mouth, Vertical mold seam stops at the neck but does not continue over the lip, bottom does not have pontil mark. 3. Two bottles similar or somewhat the same in appearance, Blue glass with caps, "Made in Italy" on paper label on both bottles about the size of a dime close to the neck of bottle, Vertical seam stops below the neck and does not continue over the lip, Horizontal seam around the neck whee vertical seam stops, No markings in glass such as number or letters. I hope I have given enough information to determine a value. If not please inquire further, I would like to know more about these bottles. If this discussion page is able to help, it would be great. If more pictures are needed, I can do this. Simply inquire and I will do all I can to help. Thanks!

Comments

• The number 3 item blue bottles should have said, No seam around neck where vertical seam stops. The only bottle that has a seam around neck is the green bottle. It is not defined, just can not see any tool marks, might not be a seam could be where the mold stopped and the glass protruded out over the top. It is uneven and looks like its blown into mold and hand finished top. I hope this is not confusing.
  • RayRay,

WelcomeWelcome to the forum! These are all modern pieces and most likely no more than 40-50 years old. The green and yellow amber may be decanters but probably are bud vases or just decorative glass.

You will find at least some interest in vintage shops and on ebay for decorative glass like this. Value-wise no more than $5-10 each.

Chris