Corked Vat 69 Whisky Bottle

edited November 2010 in Question and Answer
I'm new here and to collecting bottles. I found a bottle at a garage sale recently and only picked it up because I heard some guy mumbling about how he couldn't believe these bottles were free, so I decided to pick one up. In any case, I've searched and searched on the net but can't find much info about this bottle. It's a corked, dark green bottle. It has "Federal law forbids sale or reuse of this bottle", vat 69 scotch whisky on the base of the bottle, and WM Sanderson and Son, Leith Scotland on the bottom. The writing on the bottle is circular and in the middle there are random letters and numbers shaped into a square, but they are hard to make out.

Any ideas about the value or year it was made?? (I can also add more photos if that's helpful.)

Thanks!!

Comments

• Hi

(1) You can get a rough idea of its age just from the FEDERAL LAW FORBIDS.... embossing. See my Federal Law Forbids web page

(2) You may be able to more accurately date the bottle via the markings on the bottle's base. Post a photo

(3) Value - there is a good trade for full liquor bottles that are sealed and you will find a healthy market for them on ebay. However empty usually suggests the recycle bin.