W T and Company "LINNETT" bottle

edited October 2012 in Question and Answer
Hi Chris I found another bottle digging it says linnett and was made by W T and co. I was able to find some info on Whitall and Tate but nothing about linnett. Wondering if this is a common bottle any value, age, and what was in it. I appreciate it thanks. I almost forgot the seams end where the neck and shoulder meet and there is a chip in the lip but no cracks.

Comments

• I am fairly sure LINNETT is a person's name not a product. Big block embossed letters like this are uncommon but not unheard of. What this bottle really needs is a town and state name embossed below the name. Collectors of local bottles really want to see the name and town embossed and go nuts over bottles from little towns and little businesses that no one has ever heard about. Darn the short sightedness of this guy!

Your bottle is late 19th c, or perhaps very early 20th c.

Chris
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks Chris. I didnt know the block letters were uncommon. After I posted this discussion I looked closer at the bottle on the bottom wher it says w t and co. it has pat. jan. 5, 1892. Would the pat. be for the bottle itself or the type or for the product it held? Oh yeah i found a large hunk of glass that fits right onto that round bottom soda that i thought might be an insulator. You were right on the money.