Liquor bottle set: decanter, tray and 6 glasses

edited October 2012 in Question and Answer
This bottle and glass set have been in my family for at least 35 years.. Does anybody know anything about this set or if they are worth anything.. They are in perfect condition.. Just dusty from being on shelf in closet the last 6 years

Comments

• NOTES: I'm guessing about 1910 in that the set has the proportions of the late Victorian. World War I brought European (especially French) tastes to America and wine glasses became tall, leggy, lightweight with flared mouths in comparison to the earlier short/small clunky pressed glass patterns (like these). The color suggests uranium glass so it would be useful to scan them with 'black light' to detect the flourescent glow associated with radioactivity. Or is the green color actually a variation of the pale 'apple green' used in a million pieces of Depression glass produced for a decade after 1924? Decanter & glass sets similar to your can be found in Monky-Ward catalogues during the Prohibition years quaintly labeled grape juice sets. But the 'all-over' decorative illustrations do not ring a bell with me, especially what I think is a Palm Tree on the wine glasses. I review of Hazel Marie Weatherman's books, "Colored Glassware of the Depression Era" (Vols. 1-2) might yield something.