If you are seeking info about your bottle or glass object, please provide clear and complete information. Posts with clear info and clear questions tend to get answers. Photographs are very important!
Begin by Creating A Customer Account. It is quick and easy, all you have to do is confirm your email address.
The subject and content of your posts should be limited to antique bottles and antique glass objects. Discussion of vintage and reproduction glass objects as well as those of questionable age is also welcome. Also acceptable are topics regarding glass manufacture, collecting, etc. Off-topic discussions will be deleted.
Be specific. Good examples include "Large green bottle marked Congress and Empire" or "Need help with 3iv bottle" or "Drake's Plantation Bitters - need value info" Less helpful titles are unclear, such as, "Help, need info" or "What is this worth?"
Don't hold back - give us plenty of information. Write out the all the embossing in the post - it may be hard to read from the photo.
Mold seam - describe the seam and how far it goes up the bottle's neck and lip.
Color - describe.
Markings on base - List out all the markings. Provide a clear photo or make a rubbing of the base and take a picture of the rubbing. You can also scan the rubbing.
Location - many but not all visitors here are from the US and Canada. If you are from another country, do let us know.
Posts with photos are much more likely to be answered.
- Links to your personal antique bottle and antique glass sites are acceptable.
- You may link to an ebay.com or other auction, as long as the listing or event relates to antique bottles and/or antique glass.
- Commercial or business listings, including general antiques businesses, are not allowed without the prior approval of the moderator.
- Links to sites which have no relevance to antique bottles or antique glass will be removed quickly.
- If you post inappropriate links, you posts and your customer account will be deleted.