L.C.&R. Co.?

This bottle was found under an old building in North Alabama. There is an eagle on the front, and the markings L.C.&R. CO. on the bottom. I have only been able to find one similar bottle anywhere on the internet, but it had a different image. Any information would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Sorry for the poor quality of the rubbing. All I had was a purple crayon, and I am having trouble getting my photos to load.
  • What trouble were you having with the photos?

This is a historical flask - it is listed in the McKearin/Wilson reference (American Bottles and Flasks and Their Ancestry) as a GII-136...at least that is my guess. Quart, clear glass, double collar lip, tapered body.
  • That is it! You are awesome! Thank you very much.

As far as the picture goes, it would say it was uploading, but even after an hour, it still had not loaded.
    Thanks again.
  • Glad to help.

My guess is that you tried to upload a very large file (straight off the digital camera) and the server timed out or exceeded its php memory limit.

You can use a program like Irfanview (free) to resize the photos down to around 800px tall before uploading.