Big green bottle. Full of alcohol

edited July 2012 in Question and Answer
Well it was anyway. There were two of them which I found in an old abandoned office.
I am going to sell this bottle. Was just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of price.
There is a seam which goes around the middle. The neck has quite a thick rim and the glass is quite thin in places.
Going by the contents in the rest of the room, I know that this bottle is at least 50 years old.

Comments

• Paulo,

Here in the US, we call this a demijohn or sometimes a carboy. It is a generic term for a large storage bottle. It is entirely possible that someone used it in which to make wine.

To my eye, this bottle is of European manufacture.

Judging from your IP address, you are located in Europe. I cannot speak for non-US prices, but here in the US, most demijohn bottles would sell in the $40 to $200 USD range.

Condition is of utmost importance to the collector. Even minor cracks or blemishes hurt the value.
  • thanks. I sold it a couple of weeks ago anyway. Didn't get much for it but i live in the back of beyond so its hard to get a good price for anything.