Need help identifying a makers mark

edited July 2012 in Question and Answer
I've been tearing out my hair trying to find info on the makers mark on a bottle I found some years ago. The mark is a simple triangle with a dot in the center. The bottle appears to be medicinal in use, was cork closed, machine made and was found in Columbia, CA, which used to be a gold rush town in the 1800's until it was mostly abandoned then turned into a state park in the 1900's. Any help with the makers mark would be greatly appreciated. I will attempt to take some photos and post them, but I don't have the equipment at the moment. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• We'll need to start with a clear photo of the base or a rubbing of the base markings. A photo of the overall bottle would also be really helpful to determine if it is American or from another country.
  • Great idea on the rubbing, I did the best I could here and think I got some good pics. In the last ones I was trying to show the seam around the rim of the lip. I hope it's visible. The side seam only goes to this ring on the lip, not all the way to the top. The ring from what I'm guessing is the suction cup holding the bottom during manufacture is way off kilter and actually goes out to the side of the jar. Dimensions I measured were approx. 3 3/4in tall, base dia 1 7/8in, lip dia 1 3/8in.

Also, because the universe likes coincidance, I found the GW bottle up in the banner of this website in a thrift store today! It felt like a good omen so I bought it. Looks like they aren't worth much on ebay, but it's still an interesting bottle for 6 bucks!