David Lyon Pelhamville NY soda or beer bottle

edited June 2012 in Question and Answer
my husband found a bottle on a job site. it is about the size of a 2 liter soda bottle. it is a light frosted blue & looks like a cork bottle it has side seems & in an oval says David Lyon under that it says registered under that says 1889 under that says Pelhamville NY. On the back of the bottle it says NOT TO BE SOLD in capital letters. the bottom is a flat base & has H & F. I have tried every search possible even the history of pelhamville which is now called Pelham N.Y. & to no aval nothing. if anyone knows anythiing about this bottle i would appreciate it. i do not have photo due to computer problems.

Comments

• So what do you want to know? You have a late 19th century soda or perhaps beer bottle. Todd van Mechow has documented over 30,000 such bottlers across the US. Little or nothing is known about many of them. Researching a small business like this is not unlike looking for information on a local barber or butcher who was in operation 125 ago. If you are lucky you might find an advertisement or tradecard for the business.

Consider creating a saved search on ebay for "David Lyon Pelhamville" and see what might turn up.