For sale Historical flask GIV-43. Masonic GRJA Stoddard NH Granite Glass Factory

edited May 2012 in For Sale // Wanted
Listed in Mckearins American Glass as GIV-43. It is thought to be from Stoddard, NH. AD on the front side, CRJA on the other.
Granite Glass Factory, circa 1850s. The initials GRJA stand for "Grand Royal Jerusalem Arch" and it is listed in the Masonic group, Sheared top and open pontil. It is a honey amber color.

Excellent condition Small burst bubble indentation lower left corner of bottle smaller than a dime.
hard to find. With some light high point wear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170850286290?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Comments

• Welcome and thanks for posting this.

I have had an eye for this bottle, so to speak for decades - ever since I had an opportunity to buy one in an incredible GREEN color. I mean green...no aqua, no amber, no olive. I still kick myself periodically for passing that one up :-)
  • Did you ever acquire the flask that you have had your eye on for decades? If you did not ,well I happen to own a green masonic flask. It has the 6 pointed star with the all seeing eye in the middle of it and the letters AD . On the other side there is also a six pointed star with an arm and what looks to be a head located on the star. Under the star are the letters GRJA . My bottle is in excellent condition, not only that, it also has a what appears to be an accidental mark on the bottle caused by the maker. I believe this distinctive mark separates my flask from all the other CRJA flasks. If you are interested feel free to contact me.